Monday, September 9, 2019

Formerly obese people, what motivated you most to finally lose weight?

I was in an abusive relationship and just absolutely miserable. I was 5’2 and 300lbs. When he wasn't beating my head in, he was filling it with nonsense. Now one will ever love you looking like that. I'm embarrassed to be seen with you, you disgust me. I decided that I was gonna prove him wrong and I knew someone who would love me, ME. I decided for the first time in years to love myself. So I started cooking all my meals, Sunday through Thursday with only treating myself to takeout on Friday and Saturday. I walked everywhere, to work, to the park, with the dog, the Target etc etc. The first 10lbs came off instantly! I was so pleased. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing in case it took long or if I gained some back. It took about a year before I weighed myself again. I had went to the er for something and they weighed you by sitting in the bed. The nurse read off my weight as 184lbs I said I'm sorry wtf did you say?!?!?!?! When I got home I jumped for joy and celebrated like mad. I hadn't been out of the 200s in a decade. Eventually I lost more weight stopping at 150lbs, the whole process taking about 1.5 years. I still try to walk as much as I can, and still cook Sun-Thursday and have maintained the weight loss give or take 5lbs or so for the past 3 years.
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment