Sunday, September 15, 2019

Successfully lost a large amount of weight?

I have always been overweight.
A big baby at birth, I stayed big.
From childhood, adolescence to adulthood. No matter how much I ate, or didn’t eat or felt bad about eating.
No matter how much I exercised, didn’t exercise, or felt bad about not exercising.
It was cute at childhood, painful during my teenage years and uncomfortable as I get older. Apart from reasons of vanity, it played havoc on my knees and ankles. Painful joints. Also, it was not comfortable to struggle to reach parts of my body while showering.
Thankfully, my medical stats were ok. Blood pressure, blood sugar - still ok. I wanted to keep them that way. No, actually I wanted to improve them.
So, I started to research…
And I started my ketogenic way of eating. I kept my carb intake low - through low starch vegetables while eating moderate amounts of protein and a little fat. I started 16:8 fasting daily and then did a 24 hour fast weekly…which slowly became a 36 hour weekly fast, and then to a 40 hour weekly fast.
The results were tremendous. In 6 months I lost 30 kg. From 89kg to 59kg… you can see the difference in the photos.
And I felt fantastic. Lighter. Fitter. More energetic. Joint pains gone.
It’s important to lose weight in a smart and healthy manner. By eating nutritiously and taking care of vitamins/minerals and hydration. It is not just about weight loss but more about health gain!
I continued with my weight loss till I reached my goal weight…54kg now. Still eating low carb and still feeling great! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment