Monday, September 9, 2019

What are the best ways to lose weight

Since childhood, I have been quite a plump child, or rather, I began to grow fat from 9 yo. I grew up without a father, and to brighten up the life of poor "orphan", my mother fed me sweets - I still remember it. Another impression from my childhood - in summer camp, my mother gave me a huge "shuttle bag" with sweets, so that I would not go hungry.
Of course, I could’ve just said that all my problems with excess weight is due to heredity or something else and I have nothing to do about it, but it’s obvious that is wrong path and the real problem with my habits and lifestyle.
So, by the final grade I weighed about 240lbs. I can’t say that it somehow had a disastrous effect on my life - I was always a leader both in my studies and in social life, I had friends, but, of course, life could be more fun if I were "like everyone else." I still felt like something was wrong and also knew that having so much excess weight is unhealthy. From time to time I attempted to lose weight. I tried different approaches, but none of my weight loss campaigns were particularly successful - I either didn’t lose weight or didn’t hold the result.
The first stage of losing weight
Later in 2005, I learned that in the people were successful with low-carb diets, but I always thought I should stick to low-fat diet. What really helped me to achieve results is to understand that to lose weight it’s not enough to change only one part of your life - diet or daily activity or something else. You should change your lifestyle, your habits, how you eat and so on.
What I’ve changed
If I were 240lbs again here is the guide I would stick to get the same results.
Full guide here
Changed my diet completely
Start counting calories
Since one kilogram of fat contains 7,716 kcal to lose weight around 1 kilogram per week, you need to create a deficit of 1,100 kcal per day.
If your current diet is less than 4,400 kcal, create a deficit not only through diet but also through physical activity.
For example, you can reduce the daily calorie consumption of 500-600 kcal and add an hour and a half of quiet running or other exercises.
It is also worth considering the amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. This is especially important for those who want to lose fat and maintain most of the muscle mass.
Found perfect Carb, Fat, Protein Breakdown
Fat and carbohydrates ratio
Contrary to popular belief, not fat, but carbohydrates are to blame for extra kilograms. Therefore, low-carb diets are generally more effective.
Low-carb diets are good for heart health and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
If you want to quickly get rid of extra pounds and are ready to completely abandon the flour and sweet, try a diet with a protein, fat, carb ratio of 30–60–10 or 30–50–20.
Also, a diet with a ratio of 30–30–40 or 30–25–45 will allow you to add porridge and macaroni, some bread, and dried fruits to your diet. But the results will have to wait longer.
Remember: the main thing in the diet – to stick to it. Therefore, try a different ratio of proteins, fats, and carbs and choose the most comfortable for you.
Proteins
A lot of studies have proven that high protein diet helps to lose weight, even without calorie restrictions.
The diet of the subjects at 30% consisted of protein foods, 20% – from fat and 50% – from carbohydrates. People consumed fewer calories without any restrictions and after 12 weeks dropped about five kilograms.
The scientific article published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2015 also confirms the benefits of a high-protein diet. It claims that a daily intake of 1.2–1.6 g of protein per 1 kg of weight reduces hunger and helps control weight. At the same time, muscle mass is preserved, and fat, on the contrary, disappears.
My advice: Add more protein to your diet: 30% of daily calorie intake or 1.6 g per pound of weight.
Added training
Why to train at all?
Many people ask how to lose weight quickly without training. But, training helps to lose weight faster for several reasons:
1. Burn more calories. This one does not require clarification: the more intensively and the longer you move, the more calories you burn.
2. Moreover, trainings increase calorie consumption after exercise (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption, EPOC). For a certain period of time after exercise, your body consumes more oxygen to return to its normal performance and spends more calories at rest.
In 2011, researchers found that after a 45-minute intense workout, metabolism remained accelerated for 14 hours. During rest, the subjects burned an average of 190 kcal more than on non-training days.
3. Increase the amount of brown tissue that spends calories.
Scientists estimate that 50 g of brown fat can burn about 20% of the total daily calories.
In the body of an adult about 20-30 g of brown fat, but its amount may increase under the influence of cold and exercise.
How to train to lose weight
Cardio exercises are a crucial part of a guide on how to lose weight quickly. Research by Professor Joseph Donnelly (Joseph E. Donnelly) from the University of Kansas showed that cardio exercises contribute to weight loss, even without a diet.
For 10 months, five days a week, overweight people spent 400-600 kcal on a treadmill. As a result, they lost about 5 kg without any diets.
Combined workouts help reduce fat and maintain muscle.
Perfect intensity
There are a countless number of approaches, but I would stick to something like this.
High-intensity workouts help burn more calories faster. But if you have time and do not want to die in the gym, choose cardio and exercises of medium intensity.
Here are some types of activity that will help burn about 600 kcal to a person weighing 70 kg:
  1. The hour of running at a speed of 9 km / h and a pulse of 140–150 beats per minute.
  2. Walking at a speed of 5-6 km/h – two hours.
  3. 2 hours of cycling at a speed of 10–12 km / h
  4. Two hours of calm swimming (1–1.5 km / h) or an hour of fast one (1.8 km / h).
For interval training – burpy, double jumping rope, stuffed ball throws and other exercises for weight loss.
How often should you train?
High-intensity interval training should not be done too often: twice a week will be enough. On other days, you can do mid-intensity cardio.
As for running – do not overdo it. Experienced running coach and physiologist Susan Paul advises to start with three running workouts a week and, if desired, supplement the program with two more cross-training. For example, dancing, yoga, zumba, and others.
My final victory over fat
By 2012, I weighed only 180lbs. It was a long and almost impossible journey and I couldnt really believed that I’ve been fat in the past.Losing weight is difficult, but it is easier than everyone says, with the right approach, you can enjoy your life, be a good mother, and still achieve good results.
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment